Baba Ghanoush - A Mediterranean Eggplant Dip - A Guest Post at Veggie Belly

When Sala of Veggie Belly asked me to guest post for her while she was traveling, I said yes, of course. You probably remember Sala from her guest post, White Peas Sautéed with Green Mango and Coconut,in my India Series. Sala is a well seasoned traveler and I cannot wait to hear her impressions from her quick trip to Israel, while she is, for the first time, in the Middle East.
Sala wanted me to make a dish from home and Baba Ghanoush is always at the table whether at homes or restaurants in Israel. Baba Ghanoush, an eggplant dip or salad, more widely known as a Lebanese dish, is wide spread throughout the Levant, Egypt and the Balkans. The Levant is the crossroads between Western Europe, Eastern Mediterranean and Northern Africa.

Before I send you to hop over to Sala's site to read the rest of this entry, see more Baba Ghanoush photographs and get the recipe, please make sure to read about her in my introduction to her in her guest post in the India Series. Please also follow this very talented blogger on twitter @veggiebelly and Like Veggie Belly on Facebook to read about her voodoo Donut debacle at the airport.
Follow Me on Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I adore that lovely dish.

    Best wishes for 2012!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect for NYE. I just saw that a store nearby had eggplant way cheap, I'm inspired to pick some up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to learn how to make babaganoush. These pictures are mouth watering. Thanks shulie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shulie, I have been craving baba ghanoush lately. Yours looks fab! Will drop by Sala's site to see your guest post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Maria. I actually have never made this but I will now. Happy new year to you and hope to meet you in person in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. so could I:)I love baba ganoush and can't wait to see your recipe at the guest post. GORGEOUS photos. Love the first one. Perfect to frame!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This styling is SO gorgeous Shulie! And I love Baba Ghanoush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great recipe! This is one of my favourite dips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baba ghanoush is a personal favorite. I love the way you've presented it! Hoping over to Sala's for the rest of the post now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for the kind words and the best wishes to you all in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos as always, Shulie, and I love Baba Ganoush...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks stunning and as always your photos are so crystal clear and enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw the recipe in Bobby chin's show first time and have made it quite often since then..your pictures are tempting me to make it again! Need to hop over to Sala' blog and check the recipe. Happy New year to you and yours Shulie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love baba ghanoush...
    So drool-worthy photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete